Saturday 26 May 2012

BACK IN GOOD OLE MUMBAI!


After nearly a three month time spend in Delhi I flew back( that’s right steeling myself in the flight to overcome my absurd fears of flying) to Mumbai to sultry weather, the Shiv sena nailing a poster outside Wankhede praising the guard who defies SRK, no water in the house because the BMC supply had developed a snag and finally Bombay Sapphire gin and lime shots with a friend in the night followed by prawn noodle soup at Kamling. Phew! Don’t get me wrong. I love the city despite the you know what, love the cultural and personal promiscuity of the city that always simmers below the surface, the dark roiling clouds above slowly becoming pregnant with rain and the mind affected by the sea that tells you anything is possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment